Saturday 1 May 2010

Southland Tales

Oops, I've been away from here for a bit. Tonight I had a few drinks and rewatched one of my favourite films, Southland Tales. Yeah, I know how flawed and confusing the film is, the 'comedy' in it is weird and The Rock is in it. Despite all of that I'm very impressed with Richard Kelly's vision. Quite obviously the film needs to be about 9 hours long as there is some trouble trying to cram the whole story into a couple of hours. Nevertheless, I love this film. Because of the vison:  The story, how it looks and how it sounds. I think that the flaws even add something to it for me. Also, Richard Kelly is some man for making brilliant 'music promo videos' within his films, e.g Pixies, The Killers, BRMC and Moby in Southland tales. He did the same in Donnie Darko.










No comments:

Post a Comment